SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Fourth of July fireworks were the cause of a fire that damaged a house in North Sacramento, officials said on Sunday.
According to the Sacramento Fire Department, the one-alarm blaze happened along the 3700 block of Knightlinger Street, southeast of the Norwood Avenue exit off of Interstate 80.READ MORE: Sheriff: Deputy Likely Saved Motorcyclist’s Life With Tourniquet After Amador County Crash
Investigators said legal fireworks were used, but evidence pointed toward them not being properly soaked in water before being discarded. The fire department said used fireworks should be soaked in a bucket of water overnight.READ MORE: Growth Of Dixie Fire Slows Considerably; Full Containment Expected By Mid-August
Photos from the scene show heavy damage to a good portion of the house. See them below.MORE NEWS: Paul Flores To Face Judge In Preliminary Hearing In Kristin Smart Murder Case
No injuries were reported in the fire.