Room of pot goes up in smoke in fire at home on High Street

WALWORTH, N.Y. (AP) — A roomful of marijuana has gone up in smoke during a fire at a house on High Street in a New York town.

The Wayne County sheriff’s office says firefighters were called to the house in Walworth shortly after 5 a.m. Tuesday. They found smoke coming from a locked office upstairs.

Once the fire was out, investigators found 40 to 50 potted marijuana plants under grow lights in the room. The sheriff’s office says the fire is believed to have been sparked by an electrical malfunction.

Firefighters contained the blaze to that room and the roof. None of the four residents were hurt.

A man who lives there was charged with a misdemeanor count of unlawful growing of marijuana and released on a court appearance ticket.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Listen Live