Working in radio was Tina Macuha’s dream. In high school, Tina pretended to be on the radio with her homemade station she called K-Mac. Friends and relatives didn’t take her seriously, which led Tina to believe that a job on the air would be an impossible feat. Her outlook on life changed in 1983 when her mother died from breast cancer. Her mother always encouraged her to follow her dreams so Tina changed her major for the last time and did just that.
A Sacramento native, Tina graduated with a double major in Communications and Geography from CSU, Sacramento. After graduating, she started working in radio and was on the morning show of Sacramento’s FM 102 in the early 1990′s. Tina spent a total 12 years in radio and transitioned to her television home on Good Day Sacramento when it first aired in August 1995. She can be seen every morning reporting the Sacramento, Central Valley and Bay Area commute. Tina shares her Thought of the Day by placing it next to her on the set. She awards a free lunch called Grub Run to a lucky office usually once per week. Tina also comes up with Question of the Day in order to get to know her co-workers better and enjoys stumping their music knowledge during Teen’s Tune.
In March 2000, she received the Women of Color Day 2000 Award for Caring and Responsive Journalism and as An Outstanding Woman of Color. Tina served as the on-court emcee for the Sacramento Monarchs WNBA team during the 1999, 2000 and 2001 seasons. She is a frequent speaker at local events and enjoys speaking at schools to encourage youth to follow their dreams.
In April 2009, Tina shared her breast cancer story on the show. As a survivor, she continues to share her journey at many breast cancer events and fundraisers. Tina loves “lunching” and checking out new restaurants, listening to music, baking sweet treats, and most of all, spending time with her daughter Carina and her family.
Tina’s Latest Segments
- 5 a.m. Member of the DayThe Maddox, Allen and Pitman families, you are our 5 AM Club Members of The Day, and the light of our morning!
- 5 AM Club Member Of The DayBaby Cadence, you are our 5 AM Club Member of The Day and the light of our morning!
- Eleanor And Her SisterOur beautiful Eleanor is reunited with her long lost sister! See the hilarious segment.
- Dishin’ With Tina: Deli DeliciousTina checked out a restaurant that keeps expanding in the 209 area code.
- Sac Republic ClinicSome Republic FC players today schooled us in some soccer skills. See how we did.
- Dishin’ With Tina: Boucanes SmokehouseTina checked out Boucanes Smokehouse, a Folsom joint.
- Ride 2 Recovery CyclistsTina meets with a local veteran who is not letting his PTSD stop him from his cycling dreams!
- Dishin’ With Tina: Porters PubThis week, Tina is checked out a place called "Porters Pub."
- Marine Vet BusinessAfter serving 5+ years in the Marines and nine years as a deputy sheriff in San Mateo and Placer counties, Roseville resident Russell Schermerhorn has launched the local junk removal and hauling franchise, which is the first in California. JDog Junk Removal in Roseville will focus on hiring military veterans. Tina meets up Russell and helps him with a job.
- Dishin’ With Tina: Ben’s Hawaiian CafeCheck out the latest episode of Tina's signature restaurant segment.