Sabrina Silva reports on Good Day Sacramento and Good Day Weekend.
13 Questions With… Sabrina Silva!
- Where did you grow up? I was born and raised in Brazil until I was 10, then split my time between there and Pennsylvania.
- What is your ideal scenario for a day off? Laying by the pool or going on a hike.
- How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor? I’ve always wanted to bring a smile to people’s faces and make a difference, felt as though TV news would be the perfect outlet for both!
- What was your favorite toy growing up? Barbie!
- Where is your favorite local place to eat? Zocalo
- Do you have any pets? No, but I do want to get a dog once I settle in.
- What is your favorite social media platform? Instagram @tvsabrinasilva
- If you didn’t work in TV news what would you be doing? I’d probably work in the field of hospitality.
- What is the most memorable story you’ve covered at CBS13/CW31? I got to interview Buddy Hield on my first day on the job LIVE! It was such a great experience.
- What is your favorite season? Spring! I love watching the flowers bloom.
- Who is the fellow reporter/anchor you text the most? Cambi
- When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend? I can sleep like a baby, so I wake up at 2:30AM on weekdays, and whenever I feel like it on my “weekend”
- Why do you love Northern California? The people! Everyone has been so sweet and has welcomed this East Coaster with open arms.
- Where was your best vacation ever? Cartagena, Colombia. I love it so much that I try to go there every year, on top of visiting my family in Brazil.
- Favorite sport to watch in person? On TV? Hockey! I’m a HUGE Flyers fan.
- Favorite TV show? Movie? I’m a big HBO girl, so I love Game of Thrones, Westworld, and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. As for movies, I love anything Marvel!