MANTECA (CBS13) — Two people were hurt when flames tore through the original Manteca City Hall Tuesday.

The historic building at 123 Sycamore Avenue is now home to several small businesses. Crews say a tenant accidentally started the fire and sustained moderate burns. That person was treated at a local hospital.

READ MORE: 'A Trend That Won't Go Away': Sacramento City Leaders Consider Permanent Plans For Street Dining

It took crews about an hour to douse the flames. The fire department says crews found fire on the second floor of the two-story building which escalated and burned through the roof.

READ MORE: Sacramento Kings Tickets Back On Sale, But COVID-19 Guidelines Will Discourage Booing Or Yelling

One firefighter suffered a sprained ankle during the call and was taken to the hospital for treatment, officials said.

MORE NEWS: Placer County Deputy Investigating Mail Theft Finds Out He Himself Was A Victim

Firefighters say the cause of the fire is not suspicious and witnesses are cooperating with the investigation.