ELK GROVE (CBS13) —  An Elk Grove dad isn’t getting his mail after his son moved out and filed a change of address.

“I would like my mail to start coming back to me and get it straightened out,” said Jon Rhoades.

READ MORE: Dramatic Price Drop At Pump Draws Drivers To Galt Gas Station

Bills, packages, important documents, all forwarded to North Carolina. Rhoades said getting his mail sent out of state is more than an inconvenience.

READ MORE: Jewelry Store Owner Says Suspects Stole 300K Worth of Merchandise

“I don’t want anybody else getting my personal information,” Rhoades said.

We contacted the postal service and they immediately rerouted Rhoades mail back to his correct address, but what happened?

MORE NEWS: Saturday's Show Info (12/4/21)

Turns out, the postal service has two change of address forms for personal mail. One for a family, and one for an individual. The post office said Rhoades’ son accidentally filled out the family form.