WOODLAND (CBS13) — Firefighters sent out an important warning Thursday after extinguishing a house fire Wednesday night in Woodland: Inspect your chimneys.

The Woodland Fire Department said they responded to a house fire on the 1100 block of Ashley Avenue around 11 p.m. Wednesday night.

READ MORE: House Of Oliver Employee Recounts Moments After Shooting

ALSO: A Thanksgiving Miracle: Missing 75-Year-Old Woman And 2 Grandchildren Found Safe

READ MORE: Suspect In Custody After Shooting At House Of Oliver In Roseville

Crews found flames spreading through the chimney and extending into the home.

MORE NEWS: Federal Appeals Court Grants Stay On Lifting California’s Assault Weapon Ban

The department warns homeowners to make sure fireplaces are clean and inspected annually before using them in the Winter.