WOODLAND (CBS13) — Firefighters sent out an important warning Thursday after extinguishing a house fire Wednesday night in Woodland: Inspect your chimneys.
The Woodland Fire Department said they responded to a house fire on the 1100 block of Ashley Avenue around 11 p.m. Wednesday night.READ MORE: Looting Suspect Accused Of Dozens Of Thefts Arrested In South Lake Tahoe Memorial Service For Fallen Marine Sgt. Nicole Gee Held In Roseville
Crews found flames spreading through the chimney and extending into the home.MORE NEWS: Suspect Armed With An Ax Arrested In Stockton
The department warns homeowners to make sure fireplaces are clean and inspected annually before using them in the Winter.