SACRAMENTO- Hundreds of breweries nationwide came together to brew Sierra Nevada’s “Resilience Butte County Proud IPA” and that beer is now starting to be released.
Locally, Fieldwork Brewing Company in Sacramento started pouring the beer last week, on December 6. That batch of Resilience was brewed November 16.
The Monk’s Cellar in Roseville announced Tuesday that Resilience is now on tap.
New Helvetia Brewing Company in Sacramento, Dunloe Brewing in Davis, Crooked Lane Brewing Company in Auburn, and Morgan Territory Brewing in Tracy will all release the beer on Wednesday, 12/12. Several other breweries will follow and release the IPA throughout the month.
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, which is based in Chico, came up with the idea to brew a beer and donate all proceeds to the Camp Fire Relief Fund. The owner contacted breweries across the country and asked the beermakers to all brew the same recipe. Those breweries all agreed to donate proceeds from the sale of Resilience to the Camp Fire Relief Fund. Sierra Nevada asked its suppliers to donate the ingredients, and those ingredients were sent to the 1,400 participating breweries.
An estimated 17,000 barrels, or 4.2 million pints, are expected to be for sale.
So when will your local brewery have Resilience Butte County Proud IPA available?
- Fieldwork Brewing- Sacramento
- The Monk’s Cellar- Roseville
- New Helvetia Brewing Company- Sacramento
- Dunloe Brewing- Davis
- Crooked Lane Brewing Company- Auburn
- Morgan Territory Brewing- Tracy
- GoatHouse Brewing Company- Lincoln
- Fountainhead Brewing Company- Sacramento
- High Water Brewing- Lodi
- Burning Barrel Brewing Company- Rancho Cordova
- Knee Deep Brewing Company- Auburn
- Blaker Brewing- Ceres
- True Symmetry Brewing Company- Suisun City
- Ol’ Republic Brewery- Nevada City
- Blue Note Brewing Company- Woodland
- Device Brewing Company- Sacramento
- Three Mile Brewing Company- Davis
- Berryessa Brewing Company- Winters
- Track 7- Sacramento
- Tilted Mash Brewing- Elk Grove
- River Rock Brewery- Galt
- Grass Valley Brewing Company- Grass Valley
- Urban Roots Brewing- Sacramento
- Claimstake Brewing- Rancho Cordova
- Last Call Brewing Company- Oakdale
- Mraz Brewing Company- El Dorado Hills (could be released December 18)
- Moksa Brews- Rocklin
- Dust Bowl Brewing Company- Turlock
- Sactown Union Brewery- Sacramento
- Yolo Brewing Company- West Sacramento
- Brethren Brewing Company- Manteca
- Jackrabbit Brewing Company- West Sacramento
- Flatland Brewing- Elk Grove
- Lodi Beer Company- Lodi
- Super Owl Brewing- Davis
- Big Sexy Brewing- Sacramento
- Channel Brewing Company- Stockton
- Dreaming Dog Brewery- Elk Grove
- Sudwerk Brewing Company- Davis
- Bike Dog Brewing- West Sacramento
- Sutter Buttes Brewing- Yuba City
- Red Bus Brewing Company- Folsom
- Auburn Alehouse- Auburn
- Loomis Basin Brewing- Loomis
- Cool Beerwerks- Cool
- Waterman Brewing Company- Elk Grove
- Porchlight Brewing Company- Sacramento
- Outbreak Brewing Company- Placerville (expected early January)
- Heretic Brewing Company- Fairfield
- River City Brewing- Carmichael
- Persuasion Brewing Company- Modesto
- El Dorado Brewing Company- Diamond Springs
- Thin Line Brewing Company- Rancho Cordova
- Five Window Beer Company- Lodi
- King Cong Brewing- Sacramento
Several breweries are partnering up and planning to do Resilience brewery crawls to allow people to taste the different Resilience brews. In Placer and Sacramento Counties, Red Bus Brewing in Folsom, The Monk’s Cellar in Roseville, Auburn Alehouse Brewery, Alehouse Annex Tap Room and Provision, Moksa Brewing Company in Roseville, and Loomis Basin Brewing will hold a pub crawl on December 22. The breweries in Elk Grove will hold a roll out party on December 29. That event will feature a BBQ put on by the Cosumnes Fire Department and Firefighters Association. The Davis breweries also plan to hold an event.
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company also made the recipe available so home brewers can participate.