CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A Citrus Heights family has been displaced after a house fire overnight.

Around 3:20 a.m., a fire broke out in the bedroom of a home on Mistletoe Way. The home quickly filled with smoke as the residents — two women and two children — made it out safety. They brought a dog and a rabbit out with them, but their second dog wasn’t so lucky. It died in the fire, according to a Metro Fire spokesperson.

READ MORE: Friday's Show Info (5/20/22)

One of the women was taken to a local hospital to be treated for unknown injuries.

READ MORE: Thursday's Show Info (5/18/22)

The back bedroom has been declared a complete loss and the rest of the house has smoke damage.

MORE NEWS: Wednesday's Show Info (5/18/22)

Firefighters do not suspect foul play in the cause of the fire. They are still investigating to see if smoke alarms were working.