TRENTON, N.J (AP) – Tracy Morgan is suing Wal-Mart over last month’s highway crash that seriously injured him and killed a fellow comedian. The lawsuit, filed Thursday in U.S. District Court in New Jersey, claims Wal-Mart was negligent when a driver of one of its tractor-trailers rammed into Morgan’s limousine bus.
The June 7 wreck on the New Jersey Turnpike killed 62-year-old comedian James McNair, who went by the name Jimmy Mack. Comedian Ardley Fuqua and Jeffrey and Krista Millea, who were passengers in the limo, are named as plaintiffs.READ MORE: Sacramento Kings To Let Some Fans Return To Golden 1 Center Starting April 20
Morgan, the former “Saturday Night Live” and “30 Rock” star, suffered a broken leg and broken ribs in the crash. Fuqua is recovering from crash-related injuries.READ MORE: 'Nature Shouldn't Be Treated Like A Trash Can': 7th Graders Team Up To Clean Up Lodi Lake
The truck driver, Kevin Roper, has pleaded not guilty to death by auto and other charges.MORE NEWS: Placer County Expands Vaccine Eligibility To 16 And Older As Thousands Of Appointments Remain Open
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.
- Driver In Crash That Injured Tracy Morgan Pleads Not Guilty
- #Trending In Entertainment: TRL Is Back, Tracy Morgan Is Recovering, And The Emmy’s Get PG-13
- Driver Charged In Crash That Injured Tracy Morgan
- At Wal-Mart, Obama Touts Steps On Solar Power
- Wal-Mart Pleads Guilty In Calif. Hazardous Waste
- Wal-Mart Sued Over Temp Agency Hours
- Wal-Mart Inc. Adding Solar To Most California Stores
- #Trending In Entertainment: Tracey Morgan Critically Injured, Paula Deen’s Comeback, and Ruby Dee’s Death
- Call Kurtis: Senator Waiting for Answers after Wal-Mart Gift Receipt Investigation
- Audio: Comedian Pablo Francisco Joins Don Geronimo On-Air