Marianne McClary is one of the original Good Day players! She hosts Good Day Sacramento Monday-Friday.
13 Questions With… Marianne McClaryREAD MORE: Proposed Casino Near Elk Grove Secures Funding
- Where did you grow up? Seattle, Washington
- What is your ideal scenario for a day off? Spa day! I’ve often thought that if I didn’t end up in TV, I would be a mystery reviewer for the spa industry. I’m very particular.
- How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor? By accident! I was a business major but needed three credits to keep getting financial aid – and an “Intro to Radio” course fit the bill. My professor talked me into taking the follow-up course, which had us produce a radio special on education – and I was hooked!
- What was your favorite toy growing up? I loved board games. “Park And Shop” is one of my favorites – it’s seriously all about running errands. My whole life is based on this game. To this day, if I get my errands done in a hyper-efficient manner, I’ll tell my sisters, “GREAT ‘Park and Shop’ day today!!”—and they know exactly what I mean.
- Where is your favorite local place to eat? Kind of a fan of Lido Café in Carmichael. If hubby’s out of town, I’ll hunker down there and drag out a long breakfast all by myself. Plus, the cinnamon rolls! Oh!
- Do you have any pets? We have one kitty, Suki – we just lost his brother, Mushi, in March. We sure miss him – but Suki is entertainment enough for a whole litter. 🙂
- What is your favorite social media platform? Love me the Twitter – I can get lost scrolling, and scrolling, occasionally clicking… I need to work more on posting and sharing, but Twitter’s ma thang. Twitter: @GoodDayMarianne
- If you didn’t work in TV news what would you be doing? I have a thing for organizing, and construction projects, so I think I’d be a house flipper, or stager, or something to do with making homes pretty again and decluttering! Don’t get near my toolbelt!
- What is the most memorable story you’ve covered at CBS13/CW31? One of the most amazing actually came from a friend of mine – her husband donated a kidney to his father, so she decided to donate one – to a complete stranger! She just had to find someone who needed one, who was a match. A friend of hers happened to be on a treadmill at a gym and struck up a conversation with the woman next to her – whose sister needed a kidney transplant. My friend turned out to be a perfect match. Seriously, what are the chances of that?? I just saw them both last month and they’re doing great, six years later!
- What is your favorite season? Fall. Next question.
- Who is the fellow reporter/anchor you text the most? Probably Julissa Ortiz only because I’m forced to respond.
- When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend? Workdays, 3 am. Weekends, about 6:30 or 7 – but I love that time of day – quiet, cool and cozy with a cup of coffee and Suki until hubby wakes up. I’ll probably always be an early riser now, so THANKS, Good Day! 🙂
- Why do you love Northern California? It’s so beautiful here – I grew up in Washington State and this is as close as it gets without being right on top of the family that I love so much! Trees, flowers, two rivers, wine country, mountains, what’s not to love?
BONUS QUESTIONS:READ MORE: Sources: Group Of Women Embroiled In Sacramento Catholic School OnlyFans Scandal
- Where was your best vacation ever? Scott and I went to the U.S. Virgin Islands about two years ago, before the hurricanes hit. It was beautiful, and the short plane trip to St. Barts is the craziest plane ride you’ve ever taken – but our $35 hamburger at Eden Rock was worth it. We had such a great time. He followed up with our hosts to see how they fared in the storms, and it’s wonderful to hear that they’re rebuilding.
- Favorite sport to watch in person? On TV? Gotta go with the Seattle Seahawks (sorry, 9ers fans) – I thought I was going to lose my mind during those Super Bowls. Seahawks? In the SUPER BOWL???? At least they won one of them.
- Favorite TV show? Movie? TV: “Modern Family”. I came late to the party but those guys KILL me. They’re all hysterical. I REALLY want Haley and Andy to get together in this upcoming last season and I know I’m not the only one. Movie: “Miracle on 34th Street”, the original with Maureen O’Hara and Natalie Wood. It’s so cute, no one dies, and heck, it’s Christmas!!! I’ve still got it on my DVR from last year – and it’s not going ANYWHERE.
'We Have Upheld Every Commitment': Steinberg Says Sacramento MLS Expansion Efforts To Continue After Lead Investor Backs Out