Workshop on fire eating sparks false fire alarm

MCKEES ROCKS, Pa. (AP) — A workshop on fire eating sparked a false fire alarm at a former church near Pittsburgh.

Neighbors called 911 after spotting flames inside the building in McKees Rocks about 9 p.m. Monday.

Firefighters arrived to find flames — but they weren’t burning out of control.

Instead, a group of 25 people was participating in a workshop, learning to perform the circus trick of fire eating.

Fire Chief Nick Radoycis says the building didn’t have running water or fire extinguishers, so the group might be cited for trespassing or using the building without a proper permit.

Ed Pinto, one of the participants, says there was no harm done or intended, saying the group was “hanging out and doing our crazy stuff” and someone called the fire department.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Listen Live