ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — A truck containing 18 tons of Crisco sticks headed to a grocery store chain distribution center was stolen in a Florida city.
St. Petersburg Police say that a tractor-trailer containing the 36,000 pounds of vegetable shortening was snatched Sunday morning.
The truck was destined for a Publix distribution center in Lakeland. Authorities said the stolen tractor was a 2005 red Volvo, with a Florida tag and had the business name of “NS Express LLC on both sides of the cab. The trailer was a white Hyundai.
Crisco can be used for frying or making delicious baked goods.
- Man Charged With Killing His Mom, Threatening To Kill His Dad After Argument Over Video Game
- Racism At Center Of Large Elk Grove School District Meeting
- Walgreens Taking Steps To Curb Pharmacy Robberies
- Sacramento Mayor Wants Firm Number From MLS On Expansion Goal
- Mom Of Teen Involved In Fiery Crash Wants To Thank Daughter’s Rescuers