Ken Rudulph is the co-host of “Good Day Sacramento.” Ken was born and raised in Sacramento and graduated from Cordova High School (go, Lancers!), then CSUS with a bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism. His first media job out of college was with KMAX 31. After interning for the sports department—under the invaluable tutelage of Grant Napier—he was hired as a news reporter and joined the “Good Day Sacramento” team in its infancy. Ken was also the co-founder and lead singer of Sammy-nominated funk/rock band Mama’s Gravy.
In 1997 Ken moved to Los Angeles where he worked as a sports anchor for local news network OCN; as a sketch-comedy sports host on Fox’s “Best Damn Sports Show Period”; and as the founding host of TVG, the nation’s first interactive horseracing network. Ken is also a contributor to the Onion News Network and has appeared in more than two dozen films and TV series, including “Bruce Almighty,” “Smokin’ Aces” and “True Blood.”
Fifteen years after leaving Sacramento, Ken returns to his hometown with his wife and son to start what he calls his “dream job,” sitting alongside former colleagues Marianne McClary, Tina Machua and Mark S. Allen on the set of “Good Day Sacramento.”
Ken’s Latest Segments
- Manly Minute: 5 Things banned in Las VegasLas Vegas lets its visitors get away with a lot. Gambling is legal. Walking down the street drinking a beer is legal. Prostitution is illegal but tolerated. It calls itself Sin City and promises that “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.”
- Manly Minute: 5 Bad Wedding GuestsFrom the one-upper to the picky eater, we literally can’t even deal with these hard to please people!
- Manly Minute: Teaching Your Kids MusicMusic and learning to play an instrument can have so many benefits for your child! Learning how to play music, how to sing and listen to music are all a natural part of life.
- Manly Minute: Skip Lines at the AirportRoad warriors swear by traveler programs that essentially give you “express lane” access through airport security. Until recently, however, there hasn’t been much reason for the average twice-yearly vacation to put in the time and pay the fees to apply for these programs.
- Manly Minute: 5 Facts about NASCARIt’s the main governing body for stock car racing in the United States. On this NASCAR Day, we find out more about the world of stock car racing with these 5 facts about NASCAR.
- Manly Minute: 5 Tips for Summer CampSummer is time for life-changing experiences and nothing provides more experiences than Summer Camp. There are so many different kinds of camps that you will surely find one that tickles your fancy and piques your […]
- Manly Minute: 5 Grooming Tips for MenIn today’s Manly Minute, Ken has some grooming tips for men! http://www.eighteeneight.com Watch more segments.
- Manly Minute: 5 Tips for Online ShoppingYou’ve seen online shopping fails. But they’re less hilarious when they happen to you. So how can you avoid being terribly disappointed when you open that box? We turned to Mylène Genty, lead stylist at […]
- Manly Minute: How to Enjoy a Baseball GameIn America, “Take Me Out To The Ball Game” is probably one of the most-sung songs in the summertime. Why? Because America’s favorite summer sport is baseball.
- Ken Works for River CatsKen rolled up his sleeves and got to work in the clubhouse at Raley Field.