Ken Rudulph is the co-host of “Good Day Sacramento.” Ken was born and raised in Sacramento and graduated from Cordova High School (go, Lancers!), then CSUS with a bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism. His first media job out of college was with KMAX 31. After interning for the sports department—under the invaluable tutelage of Grant Napier—he was hired as a news reporter and joined the “Good Day Sacramento” team in its infancy. Ken was also the co-founder and lead singer of Sammy-nominated funk/rock band Mama’s Gravy.
In 1997 Ken moved to Los Angeles where he worked as a sports anchor for local news network OCN; as a sketch-comedy sports host on Fox’s “Best Damn Sports Show Period”; and as the founding host of TVG, the nation’s first interactive horseracing network. Ken is also a contributor to the Onion News Network and has appeared in more than two dozen films and TV series, including “Bruce Almighty,” “Smokin’ Aces” and “True Blood.”
Fifteen years after leaving Sacramento, Ken returns to his hometown with his wife and son to start what he calls his “dream job,” sitting alongside former colleagues Marianne McClary, Tina Machua and Mark S. Allen on the set of “Good Day Sacramento.”
Ken’s Latest Segments
- Manly Minute: 5 Underwear Mistakes Men MakeFrom the style you wear to the way that you clean them your underwear says a lot about you. Ken shows us five mistakes men are making when it comes to their underwear.
- Manly Minute: How To Thrive Under PressureThe score is tied up. Only a second is left on the clock. A state championship is on the line. You step up to the foul line, dribble the ball a few times, take a deep breath, and then-swish-sink the foul shot that wins the game. That’s clutch.
- Manly Minute: 5 Things Your Dad WantsEvery day is an opportunity to create new and lasting memories with the most influential figure in every man’s life, his father.
- Manly Minute: Five Ways You Can Turn People Offhere are plenty of ways to turn people off. Most of them don’t require much effort.
- Manly Minute: How to Dress for a MeetingA local theater teacher showed his support for St. Baldrick’s Children Hospital.
- Manly Minute: How to Support Creative Talents in KidsPablo Picasso once said, “Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.” Picasso understood the precious gift of creative expression free from fear, criticism, and crippling […]
- Manly Minute: Picnic FoodsHaving a picnic is a great way to spend a Summer day, but if you are invited to one make sure you don’t bring any of these items. It will ruin an already gorgeous day. […]
- Manly Minute: 5 Sports SuperstitionsPlayers and fans alike have their ways of avoiding bad luck. Some sports superstitions are stranger than others. For example, Michael Jordan (a graduate of North Carolina) always wore his blue North Carolina shorts under his […]
- Manly Minute: 5 Things Your Food Server HatesOn the surface, eating at a restaurant should be a fairly simple activity. You sit down, you look at the menu, you order, you eat, you pay, you leave. But it’s actually a social interaction […]
- Manly Minute: 5 Things banned in Las VegasLas Vegas lets its visitors get away with a lot. Gambling is legal. Walking down the street drinking a beer is legal. Prostitution is illegal but tolerated. It calls itself Sin City and promises that “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.”