Ken Rudulph is the co-host of “Good Day Sacramento.” Ken was born and raised in Sacramento and graduated from Cordova High School (go, Lancers!), then CSUS with a bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism. His first media job out of college was with KMAX 31. After interning for the sports department—under the invaluable tutelage of Grant Napier—he was hired as a news reporter and joined the “Good Day Sacramento” team in its infancy. Ken was also the co-founder and lead singer of Sammy-nominated funk/rock band Mama’s Gravy.
In 1997 Ken moved to Los Angeles where he worked as a sports anchor for local news network OCN; as a sketch-comedy sports host on Fox’s “Best Damn Sports Show Period”; and as the founding host of TVG, the nation’s first interactive horseracing network. Ken is also a contributor to the Onion News Network and has appeared in more than two dozen films and TV series, including “Bruce Almighty,” “Smokin’ Aces” and “True Blood.”
Fifteen years after leaving Sacramento, Ken returns to his hometown with his wife and son to start what he calls his “dream job,” sitting alongside former colleagues Marianne McClary, Tina Machua and Mark S. Allen on the set of “Good Day Sacramento.”
Ken’s Latest Segments
- Manly Minute: 4 Tips For Men With Big ThighsFinding pants that fit is a miracle,” says Askmen editor Victor Tangermann, who has an impressive set of quads and totally understands the waist gap struggle (if you don’t get it, this article might not be for you).
- Manly Minute: 5 Things About Car StereosCars drive by with the booming system. It’s pretty cool to be that guy with the booming system that everyone hears when you drive by, but, there are some rules to getting great quality sound and how to wield that power without driving your neighbors insane. Here are 5 tips for quality and respectful car stereo sound.
- Incriminating Text Messages: The Lo-Down – 8/18he Lo-Down is filling in for Grant again while he's on vacation and in the first hour the guys discuss the news about the NFL players interviewing with the NFL in the league's PED investigation.
- ‘Fatigued is a Better Word’: The Lo-Down – 8/17Hour 1 Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images The Lo-Down is filling in for Grant Napear once again and they start the show by talking about the San Francisco Giants struggles after the All-Star Break. Next […]
- Manly Minute: Get Her to Ask You OutThe Holy Grail: getting women to chase you. Here are the top 10 ways to make it happen.
- A’s Showing Fight: The Lo-Down – 8/22The Lo-Down fills in for Grant while he is on vacation and they opened up talking about the McGregor Diaz fight over the weekend at UFC 202.
- Manly Minute: Stay-At-Home Dadshether it’s the fledgling economy or a simple sign of more modern times, a growing number of men are deciding to stay at home with the kids and let their wives deal with rush hour traffic and casual Fridays.
- Manly Minute: Four Weird Ways To Clean Your Wedding BandYour wedding band is with you for life, but the dirt it collects doesn’t have to be.
- Manly Minute: Get your Kids into FitnessWe all know that being active is an important part of a healthy lifestyle, but according to statistics, most Americans aren’t getting the recommended amount of daily physical activity they need for a healthy life. […]
- Manly Minute: 5 Obnoxious Things Guys DoI never knew jean shorts were considered uncool until I got to college, where my frat brothers ribbed me for still rocking them a decade past their expiration date.