Ken Rudulph is the co-host of “Good Day Sacramento.” Ken was born and raised in Sacramento and graduated from Cordova High School (go, Lancers!), then CSUS with a bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism. His first media job out of college was with KMAX 31. After interning for the sports department—under the invaluable tutelage of Grant Napier—he was hired as a news reporter and joined the “Good Day Sacramento” team in its infancy. Ken was also the co-founder and lead singer of Sammy-nominated funk/rock band Mama’s Gravy.
In 1997 Ken moved to Los Angeles where he worked as a sports anchor for local news network OCN; as a sketch-comedy sports host on Fox’s “Best Damn Sports Show Period”; and as the founding host of TVG, the nation’s first interactive horseracing network. Ken is also a contributor to the Onion News Network and has appeared in more than two dozen films and TV series, including “Bruce Almighty,” “Smokin’ Aces” and “True Blood.”
Fifteen years after leaving Sacramento, Ken returns to his hometown with his wife and son to start what he calls his “dream job,” sitting alongside former colleagues Marianne McClary, Tina Machua and Mark S. Allen on the set of “Good Day Sacramento.”
Ken’s Latest Segments
- Manly Minute: 5 Tips for Dating After DivorceIt’s no secret that divorce happens. And while experts say the divorce rate is now lower than 50 percent, the odds are still pretty decent that you might date someone who’s been divorced.
- Interview: Jack Osbourne Raising Awareness About Multiple SclerosisWe watched him grow up on “The Osbournes” and travel the world with his rocker dad. Now Jack is busy with a new project that aims to raise awareness about multiple sclerosis!
- Interview: Rachel Cruze, Author Of ‘Live Your Money Life’Are you ready to start living the life you want instead of chasing someone else’s dream? In her new book just released Oct. 3, Love Your Life, Not Theirs, Rachel Cruze discusses quitting the comparisons, reframing the way you think about money, and developing new habits.
- Manly Minute: 5 Things Happy People Don’t DoYou’ve probably already heard that exercise, smiling, and volunteering gives you a happiness boost. But if you want to be a genuinely happier person, knowing what not to do can be just as important. Nix these behaviors from your life and you’ll be happy that you did.
- Manly Minute: How To Be A School Bus DriverIn today's Manly Minute, Ken has five things you’ll need to know if you want to be a school bus driver.
- Interview: Stars Of Movie ‘Middle School’Imaginative quiet teenager Rafe Katchadorian is tired of his middle school’s obsession with the rules at the expense of any and all creativity.
- Manly Minute: 5 Signs you’re a Bad KisserShort of being terrible in bed, being a bad kisser is many a young man’s biggest fear. But how can you tell if you’re good or if you’re a bumbling, sloppy mess?
- Manly Minute: 5 Tips for the ProposalAfter careful deliberation, you've come to the conclusion that you like it, and have decided the only appropriate course of action is to put a ring on it.
- Manly Minute: Take Your Birthday Like a ManTerrible fun, aren’t they, birthdays? The cake, the cards, the gifts – and how we do love being the center of attention. There’s just one problem, though. Spend too long in the limelight and it starts to eat away at you, exposing your soul and the egotistical monster that lies within.
- Manly Minute: 5 Rules About SocksAt a company training meeting a few months ago, I was introduced to a new co-worker. This guy was extremely motivated and on the ball. I was pretty impressed with him, until I looked down and saw that he was wearing white socks with a pair of dark dress slacks.