Ken Rudulph is the co-host of “Good Day Sacramento.” Ken was born and raised in Sacramento and graduated from Cordova High School (go, Lancers!), then CSUS with a bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism. His first media job out of college was with KMAX 31. After interning for the sports department—under the invaluable tutelage of Grant Napier—he was hired as a news reporter and joined the “Good Day Sacramento” team in its infancy. Ken was also the co-founder and lead singer of Sammy-nominated funk/rock band Mama’s Gravy.
In 1997 Ken moved to Los Angeles where he worked as a sports anchor for local news network OCN; as a sketch-comedy sports host on Fox’s “Best Damn Sports Show Period”; and as the founding host of TVG, the nation’s first interactive horseracing network. Ken is also a contributor to the Onion News Network and has appeared in more than two dozen films and TV series, including “Bruce Almighty,” “Smokin’ Aces” and “True Blood.”
Fifteen years after leaving Sacramento, Ken returns to his hometown with his wife and son to start what he calls his “dream job,” sitting alongside former colleagues Marianne McClary, Tina Machua and Mark S. Allen on the set of “Good Day Sacramento.”
Ken’s Latest Segments
- Manly Minute: You Have a Gambling AddictionCompulsive gambling is often referred to as a “silent killer” simply because an addiction to gambling does not always readily stand out.
- Craft Beer & ProduceIn honor of national home brew day tomorrow, we’re toasting our favorite local suds!! And there’s no better way to celebrate the bounty of local craft beer than with the bounty of local produce! That’s right, beer and produce pairings — all from Sacramento.
- Manly Minute: Catching a Souvenir BaseballOn any given game night, it's estimated that over 100 baseballs are used during a 9-inning celebration of America's favorite pastime.
- Manly Minute: 5 Things Husbands WantKen talks about the top things husbands these days want. Read more | Watch past segments
- Manly Minute: 5 Factors for Getting That JobHiring managers typically use your résumé to determine whether you’re qualified for the job, and the interview to decide if you’re the perfect fit. Knowing that, most people take the process very seriously. They arrive […]
- Manly Minute: 5 Ways to Get Your NutrientsAs you prepare, bite, chew, and digest, you create a series of mechanical and chemical changes that affect a food’s nutritional content...
- Jazz Fest WinnersHot off their big win at the Monterey Next Generation Jazz Festival, the Sac State Vocal Jazz Ensemble performs live! Sac State Vocal Jazz Ensemble Final Spring Concert Friday, May 13th 7pm Sac State Capistrano […]
- Manly Minute: 5 Tips for Home SecurityKen talks about ways you can make your home more secure from burglars.
- Manly Minute: 5 Skills Employers Look ForWith summer and the end of university academic years in sight, soon-to-be graduates are starting to focus on getting jobs or internships and moving into their own places. If you’re a final year student, we can help you with the former; on the latter we’d just caution: if it’s $600/month it’s probably a cardboard box in someone’s garage.
- Manly Minute: Skills Every Man Should HaveWhat skills should every man know? A vast amount of ink and e-ink has been spilled on the subject. But why? Part of being a man is being competent and effective in the world