Ken Rudulph is the co-host of “Good Day Sacramento.” Ken was born and raised in Sacramento and graduated from Cordova High School (go, Lancers!), then CSUS with a bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism. His first media job out of college was with KMAX 31. After interning for the sports department—under the invaluable tutelage of Grant Napier—he was hired as a news reporter and joined the “Good Day Sacramento” team in its infancy. Ken was also the co-founder and lead singer of Sammy-nominated funk/rock band Mama’s Gravy.
In 1997 Ken moved to Los Angeles where he worked as a sports anchor for local news network OCN; as a sketch-comedy sports host on Fox’s “Best Damn Sports Show Period”; and as the founding host of TVG, the nation’s first interactive horseracing network. Ken is also a contributor to the Onion News Network and has appeared in more than two dozen films and TV series, including “Bruce Almighty,” “Smokin’ Aces” and “True Blood.”
Fifteen years after leaving Sacramento, Ken returns to his hometown with his wife and son to start what he calls his “dream job,” sitting alongside former colleagues Marianne McClary, Tina Machua and Mark S. Allen on the set of “Good Day Sacramento.”
Ken’s Latest Segments
- Manly Minute: Talking Politics Like a GentlemanIn today’s Manly Minute, Ken has five tips for talking politics like a gentleman after a big debate.
- Manly Minute: 5 Skills to Save Your LifeEvery man should be able to save his own life. He should be able to swim far enough, run fast and long enough to save his life in case of emergency and necessity.
- Manly Minute: Being the DrummerBeing a drummer can be hard work, and yes there’s definitely a few perks. After all, we know how to have fun, there’s times when things go well and you wish you could just marry your kit and have done with it.
- Manly Minute: How To Order Wine On A DateDo you know what you’re supposed to do when the server shows you the wine bottle at a restaurant? Or how to read a wine list? If you’re like most guys, you probably don’t, because no one ever teaches this stuff.
- Manly Minute: 5 Tips for a Nasty HangoverYou know better than to buy anything labeled “hangover cure” for the mornings after a wild night, but there has to be something out there to ease the headache, nausea, and overall sense of feeling like crap, right?
- Manly Minute: Steps For Late-Night SnackingIn today’s Manly Minute, Ken has five tips for healthy late night snacking.
- Manly Minute: 5 Tips for the Last MileThe last mile of a run is tough. You’re exhausted, at the end of your playlist, and probably have other things on your mind (read: post-run brunch).
- Manly Minute: Divorce-Proof Your BedroomIf misery makes strange bedfellows, snoring bedfellows make for a whole lot of misery. Not only does a partner who keeps you up lead to a bad night’s sleep, but it may also affect your […]
- Manly Minute: Fantasy Football EtiquetteLearning to play is easy. Becoming a champion is a whole other story. Fantasy football is like chess for sports buffs: it’s a game of strategy, planning, and research, and there’s a rewarding rush when you beat your opponent at the end.
- Manly Minute: Who Pays For Dinner?Manly Minute: Who Pays For Dinner? Read more | Past segments