Ken Rudulph is the co-host of “Good Day Sacramento.” Ken was born and raised in Sacramento and graduated from Cordova High School (go, Lancers!), then CSUS with a bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism. His first media job out of college was with KMAX 31. After interning for the sports department—under the invaluable tutelage of Grant Napier—he was hired as a news reporter and joined the “Good Day Sacramento” team in its infancy. Ken was also the co-founder and lead singer of Sammy-nominated funk/rock band Mama’s Gravy.
In 1997 Ken moved to Los Angeles where he worked as a sports anchor for local news network OCN; as a sketch-comedy sports host on Fox’s “Best Damn Sports Show Period”; and as the founding host of TVG, the nation’s first interactive horseracing network. Ken is also a contributor to the Onion News Network and has appeared in more than two dozen films and TV series, including “Bruce Almighty,” “Smokin’ Aces” and “True Blood.”
Fifteen years after leaving Sacramento, Ken returns to his hometown with his wife and son to start what he calls his “dream job,” sitting alongside former colleagues Marianne McClary, Tina Machua and Mark S. Allen on the set of “Good Day Sacramento.”
Ken’s Latest Segments
- Manly Minute: 5 Things to do This SummerIn today’s Manly Minute, Ken has five things that you can do this summer. Past segments
- Manly Minute: Going GreenIn today’s Manly Minute, Ken has five tips on how to go green like a man. Read more | Watch past segments
- Manly Minute: Going GreenIn today’s Manly Minute, Ken has five ways to stay cool while going green this summer.
- Manly Minute: Organize a Community Clean UpIn today’s Manly Minute, Ken has five tips on organizing a community clean up.
- Manly Minute: 5 Tips For Summer Beard CareYou’ve spent months growing out and maintaining your beard. Though it may seem natural to shave it all off in the heat of summer, beard enthusiast and expert Eric Bandholz of Beardbrand urges you not to.
- Manly Minute: Tips For Golf NewbiesGolf. There’s nothing quite like it. But if you are new to golf, it can be quite daunting when you first start, and especially on your first few visits to your golf course. Read more […]
- Manly Minute: Getting Ready for KindergartenIt’s not an easy adjustment and it’s one that you will want to get a head start in during the summer months. Here are 5 steps to preparing your child for kindergarten.
- Manly Minute: 5 Underwear Mistakes Men MakeFrom the style you wear to the way that you clean them your underwear says a lot about you. Ken shows us five mistakes men are making when it comes to their underwear.
- Manly Minute: How To Thrive Under PressureThe score is tied up. Only a second is left on the clock. A state championship is on the line. You step up to the foul line, dribble the ball a few times, take a deep breath, and then-swish-sink the foul shot that wins the game. That’s clutch.
- Manly Minute: 5 Things Your Dad WantsEvery day is an opportunity to create new and lasting memories with the most influential figure in every man’s life, his father.