Ken Rudulph is the co-host of “Good Day Sacramento.” Ken was born and raised in Sacramento and graduated from Cordova High School (go, Lancers!), then CSUS with a bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism. His first media job out of college was with KMAX 31. After interning for the sports department—under the invaluable tutelage of Grant Napier—he was hired as a news reporter and joined the “Good Day Sacramento” team in its infancy. Ken was also the co-founder and lead singer of Sammy-nominated funk/rock band Mama’s Gravy.
In 1997 Ken moved to Los Angeles where he worked as a sports anchor for local news network OCN; as a sketch-comedy sports host on Fox’s “Best Damn Sports Show Period”; and as the founding host of TVG, the nation’s first interactive horseracing network. Ken is also a contributor to the Onion News Network and has appeared in more than two dozen films and TV series, including “Bruce Almighty,” “Smokin’ Aces” and “True Blood.”
Fifteen years after leaving Sacramento, Ken returns to his hometown with his wife and son to start what he calls his “dream job,” sitting alongside former colleagues Marianne McClary, Tina Machua and Mark S. Allen on the set of “Good Day Sacramento.”
Ken’s Latest Segments
- Manly Minute: A Bigger Small SpaceWhy do some small apartments feel cozy, while others feel like you just walked into a war zone? A messy desk or an unorganized closet isn’t a good look for anybody but when you’re living in cramped quarters, the clutter is magnified.
- Manly Minute: 5 Reasons Men Get JealousThere are few emotions harder to control than jealousy. Anger can be controlled, sadness will wash away, and happiness can be ended swiftly with a single misstep. Jealousy, though, is trickier.
- RansomlyWant to make sure the kids aren’t on their phones when they shouldn’t be? Want your family’s noses out of the cyber world long enough to eat dinner? Ransomly Beacon: create an app-free, distraction-free space in your home. Great for the dining room or bedroom.
- Manly Minute: 5 New Year’s Resolutions for MenThe new year is a time many men rethink their lives and make plans to get their health back on track. Are you one of them?
- Manly Minute: Tips for Building MuscleMost of us are great at putting on a bit of winter weight, but what happens when muscle is the kind of weight you're after? Put down the Christmas cookies and take a rest day.
- Manly Minute: Keep This in Your CarWhen I was growing up, I noticed that my dad kept his car well-stocked with supplies. A lot of the equipment was for his job busting poachers as a game warden, but most of the things were for emergency situations.
- Manly Minute: Your Final Will & TestamentEveryone knows there are two guarantees in life: death and taxes. Neither one we have much control over, but we usually do our best to prepare for what’s ahead.
- Manly Minute: 5 Rules For Long-Distance LoveA long-distance relationship is like if you took a regular relationship and surrounded it with piranhas and set it on fire.
- Manly Minute: Finding a Good TailorManly Minute: Finding a Good Tailor Fit will make or break any look. But for the man who’s just starting to upgrade his wardrobe, and doesn’t have a reliable tailor on call already, how can […]
- Sac Prep Music AcademyThe Sac Prep Music Academy holiday show is this Saturday and the kids are working hard to perfect the tunes. This year, there are two separate shows with the second one being the kids performing the entire “Abbey Road” album by the Beatles.