Ken Rudulph is the co-host of “Good Day Sacramento.” Ken was born and raised in Sacramento and graduated from Cordova High School (go, Lancers!), then CSUS with a bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism. His first media job out of college was with KMAX 31. After interning for the sports department—under the invaluable tutelage of Grant Napier—he was hired as a news reporter and joined the “Good Day Sacramento” team in its infancy. Ken was also the co-founder and lead singer of Sammy-nominated funk/rock band Mama’s Gravy.
In 1997 Ken moved to Los Angeles where he worked as a sports anchor for local news network OCN; as a sketch-comedy sports host on Fox’s “Best Damn Sports Show Period”; and as the founding host of TVG, the nation’s first interactive horseracing network. Ken is also a contributor to the Onion News Network and has appeared in more than two dozen films and TV series, including “Bruce Almighty,” “Smokin’ Aces” and “True Blood.”
Fifteen years after leaving Sacramento, Ken returns to his hometown with his wife and son to start what he calls his “dream job,” sitting alongside former colleagues Marianne McClary, Tina Machua and Mark S. Allen on the set of “Good Day Sacramento.”
Ken’s Latest Segments
- Manly Minute: How To Give CriticismThere's definitely and a right way to do it! On Manly Minute, Ken is giving you some tips on how to give criticism.
- Manly Minute: Lending Money to a FriendKen Rudulph has five things to know before lending money to a friend.
- Manly Minute: 5 Tips On AdoptionKen Rudulph shares five things to make the adoption process easier.
- Manly Minute: Tips For Aspiring JournalistsIn today's Manly Minute, Ken has some tips for young people considering a career in journalism.
- Manly Minute: 5 Tips On How To Date A ModelFor most guys this isn't a challenge they'll ever have to face. But for those guys who look like male models themselves, or are worth millions, there are a few things they need to keep in mind.
- Manly Minute: How To Buy A RoundKen Rudulph shows you the right way to do this.
- Manly Minute: Difference Between Old-Man Bars & Dive BarsIn today's Manly Minute, we talk about the differences between old man bars and dive bars.
- Little Lauren The BoxerKen thought he would train Lauren, but we think he's the one that learned a thing or two!
- Manly Minute: 5 Tips For Gym NewbiesWatch more Manly Minute segments.
- Manly Minute: 5 Halloween FlicksNot every great horror movie is a perfect Halloween movie, and not every perfect Halloween movie is a great horror movie. To help prep for your All Hallow’s Eve viewing plans, IGN has compiled a list of the best movies to watch on the holiday to get into the spirit of Halloween.