Ken Rudulph is the co-host of “Good Day Sacramento.” Ken was born and raised in Sacramento and graduated from Cordova High School (go, Lancers!), then CSUS with a bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism. His first media job out of college was with KMAX 31. After interning for the sports department—under the invaluable tutelage of Grant Napier—he was hired as a news reporter and joined the “Good Day Sacramento” team in its infancy. Ken was also the co-founder and lead singer of Sammy-nominated funk/rock band Mama’s Gravy.
In 1997 Ken moved to Los Angeles where he worked as a sports anchor for local news network OCN; as a sketch-comedy sports host on Fox’s “Best Damn Sports Show Period”; and as the founding host of TVG, the nation’s first interactive horseracing network. Ken is also a contributor to the Onion News Network and has appeared in more than two dozen films and TV series, including “Bruce Almighty,” “Smokin’ Aces” and “True Blood.”
Fifteen years after leaving Sacramento, Ken returns to his hometown with his wife and son to start what he calls his “dream job,” sitting alongside former colleagues Marianne McClary, Tina Machua and Mark S. Allen on the set of “Good Day Sacramento.”
Ken’s Latest Segments
- Manly Minute: Life After The Football SeasonOn the Manly Minute, Ken is telling you what life is like when the football season is over.
- Manly Minute: Greatest Super Bowl ChampsIn today’s Manly Minute, Ken has 5 of the greatest super bowl champs in the Manly Minute! See the list | More Manly Minute segments
- Manly Minute: Shocking Super Bowl HeroesIn today's Manly Minute, Ken has 5 of the top most shocking Super Bowl heroes of all time!
- Manly Minute: Most-Attended Super BowlsOn the Manly Minute, Ken gave us a rundown of the five most-attended Super Bowls in history.
- 5 Ways To Stay Calm While Playing Video GamesLove video games, but sometimes let them get the best of you? Make games fun again by incorporating these tips into your play. See the list | More segments
- Manly Minute: Daily Acts of a GentlemanIn today's Manly Minute, 5 everyday acts of a gentleman!
- Manly Minute: Making Your Own Pocket SquareIn today's Manly Minute, Ken has 5 different do-it-yourself pocket squares!
- Manly Minute: Things To Consider Before Getting A Second JobKen shows some things to consider when adding a second job.
- Manly Minute: Picking A Good MechanicThere are plenty of competent, honest mechanics out there, but like any profession, there are also some bad apples who have no druthers about putting in subpar work and ripping you off.
- Manly Minute: Shoes Every Man Should OwnAsk your girlfriend how many shoes are essential to her wardrobe, and you'll likely get a triple-digit response.