Melissa worked at KHSL-KNVN in Chico and WINK in Fort Myers, FL before arriving here in Sacramento in 2008. She currently anchors Good Day weekend alongside Cody Stark.
Although the beach was nice, she’s a true California girl at heart, having grown up in San Jose, and couldn’t wait to get back home.
While Melissa is a multiple Emmy Award nominee for her investigative reporting and anchoring, it’s her spontaneous moments on the show that helped to establish her “Crazy Cabral” reputation. Faithful viewers may remember when she performed the “Mellyflop,” faced her fears climbing the KOVR tower, became a fire breather, and bungee jumped as Wonder Woman at the California State Fair. One of her favorite segments was when she jumped out of a huge cake to surprise serenade her husband, reporter Sean Bennett. Yes they’re married!!
She was honored to receive the number one moment in Good Day’s 20th Anniversary for dunking the microphone while testing a waterproof iphone case. It’s a moment that makes photographers still cringe when she gets near water.
Her bucket list includes meeting Julia Roberts and going skydiving. The boss says skydiving is going to happen soon!
In her free time….what free time? She’s busy chasing 2 kids around and looking for the best coupon deals. She’s a self-proclaimed semi-extreme couponer who loves to help people save money. If you want to learn her tricks of the trade or have a story idea email email@example.com.
Melissa’s recent posts and segments
- Folsom Gets FitThe City of Folsom will be hosting part of the Amgen Tour of California. Melissa was out there joining in on the fun.
- Fright FestCrazy Cabral took creepy to the next level in Vallejo this mornin
- Ninja GymMelissa's went through one of the workouts at Stone Core Ninja Fitness this morning! Bored with the gym? Try Vacaville’s 1st official American Ninja Warrior training center.
- Low-Budget Pumpkin DropMelissa's was live this morning at Scandia in Sacramento for the 2015 Good Day Low-Budget Pumpkin Drop!
- Fright PlanetHalloween is 16 days away! If you don’t have a costume yet, turn to your cosmetic bag!
- Pumpkin Launcher BowlingWe put a little holiday twist in the next in this morning's M&M Challenge, pumpkin launcher bowling at Dave’s Pumpkin Patch!
- Haunted MazeMel is the master of the corn maze (just ask Maloney!) but how will she do in the dark with spooks lying in wait to jump out and give a fright?
- Monster Trucks At San Joaquin County FairgroundsMonster trucks are in Stockton!
- Dell’Osso Family FarmDell’Osso Family Farm is opening up today!
- Bumper BubblesNo need to drag the kids kicking and screaming to the mall anymore! The Westfield Galleria at Roseville has a new toy that is sure to get them running into the car to shop! Our bubbly reporter Melissa is getting into Bumper Bubbles for a little race this morning!