Melissa worked at KHSL-KNVN in Chico and WINK in Fort Myers, FL before arriving here in Sacramento in 2008. She currently anchors Good Day weekend alongside Cody Stark.
Although the beach was nice, she’s a true California girl at heart, having grown up in San Jose, and couldn’t wait to get back home.
While Melissa is a multiple Emmy Award nominee for her investigative reporting and anchoring, it’s her spontaneous moments on the show that helped to establish her “Crazy Cabral” reputation. Faithful viewers may remember when she performed the “Mellyflop,” faced her fears climbing the KOVR tower, became a fire breather, and bungee jumped as Wonder Woman at the California State Fair. One of her favorite segments was when she jumped out of a huge cake to surprise serenade her husband, reporter Sean Bennett. Yes they’re married!!
She was honored to receive the number one moment in Good Day’s 20th Anniversary for dunking the microphone while testing a waterproof iphone case. It’s a moment that makes photographers still cringe when she gets near water.
Her bucket list includes meeting Julia Roberts and going skydiving. The boss says skydiving is going to happen soon!
In her free time….what free time? She’s busy chasing 2 kids around and looking for the best coupon deals. She’s a self-proclaimed semi-extreme couponer who loves to help people save money. If you want to learn her tricks of the trade or have a story idea email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Melissa’s recent posts and segments
- New Boxing Gym In MidtownMel got a little boxing education at this brand-new midtown gym.
- Farrell’s BirthdayMelissa was live this morning creating a birthday sundae that gives back at this local ice cream staple.
- Birthday FreebiesMel showed us today where to snag birthday freebies and discounts!
- Mrs. CaliforniaHere she is, Mrs. California American Beauty!! And she’s from right here in our area!! Melissa met this pageant queen who’s offering up crown worthy meals for busy moms and healthy kiddos! PLUS how does she stay in pageant shape? Watch the clip and see.
- Hug A News Person DayMelissa is celebrating hug a news person day by hugging everyone.
- Bad Girl Bikini BodMelissa is learning how to get a bikini bod just in time for summer.
- IKEA Savings HacksThis is no April Fool’s Day joke. You can drop the prices even more at IKEA! Melissa, AKA our Chief Coupon Correspondent, revealed great hacks to save serious cash, including free food, discounts and more!
- Ninja Team TrainingInterested in becoming a ninja? How about for $10,000? Think you have what it takes? Then head over to Stone Core Ninja Fitness in Vacaville this weekend!
- NFL ExperienceMelissa went to the NFL Experience this morning and put her skills to the test!
- Winter Skin WoesMelissa was live with a DIY face mask packed with moisture and antioxidants that claims leave you looking flawless in no time! Two-Ingredient DIY Mask 1/2 cup cranberries 1/2 cup yogurt Blend Until Smooth Wear […]