Melissa worked at KHSL-KNVN in Chico and WINK in Fort Myers, FL before arriving here in Sacramento in 2008. She currently anchors Good Day weekend alongside Cody Stark.
Although the beach was nice, she’s a true California girl at heart, having grown up in San Jose, and couldn’t wait to get back home.
While Melissa is a multiple Emmy Award nominee for her investigative reporting and anchoring, it’s her spontaneous moments on the show that helped to establish her “Crazy Cabral” reputation. Faithful viewers may remember when she performed the “Mellyflop,” faced her fears climbing the KOVR tower, became a fire breather, and bungee jumped as Wonder Woman at the California State Fair. One of her favorite segments was when she jumped out of a huge cake to surprise serenade her husband, reporter Sean Bennett. Yes they’re married!!
She was honored to receive the number one moment in Good Day’s 20th Anniversary for dunking the microphone while testing a waterproof iphone case. It’s a moment that makes photographers still cringe when she gets near water.
Her bucket list includes meeting Julia Roberts and going skydiving. The boss says skydiving is going to happen soon!
In her free time….what free time? She’s busy chasing 2 kids around and looking for the best coupon deals. She’s a self-proclaimed semi-extreme couponer who loves to help people save money. If you want to learn her tricks of the trade or have a story idea email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Melissa’s recent posts and segments
- M&M ChallengeWouldn’t bowling be more fun if you could throw the ball?! Since bowling balls are too heavy, why not use a football! One of Northern California’s newest games FOWLING is a touchdown strike in Roseville!
- Yoga to get TallerDon’t throw on the heels to get more height! Just turn to yoga!! There are poses that can help make you taller!
- Mobile Boutique: Zit HacksMelissa is revealing some weird acne and zit hacks that work fast!
- Peach CaféHealthy and delicious don’t always go together but this place will prove you wrong! The Peach Cafe in Folsom will be your next go-to spot.
- Good Day Pet Talent ShowIt’s the GOOD DAY PET TALENT SHOW!
- Hair for the AgesRock the “it” ‘do regardless of your age! We’re getting tips from the barber shop pros on how kids, teens, adults, and seniors can look on trend this Fall! Melissa was at Main Event Barbers as they debut their newest shop in Vacaville!
- BrosthetixA local apparel company inspires to motivate you through their workout wear. Whether you lift, stay active or just living the grind they want you to feel like a million bucks! Melissa’s live with the CEO of Brosthetix in Rocklin who’s revealing since being on Good Day a year ago they’ve tripled in size, doubled their line and now have retail in Total Nutrition Stores.
- Paranormal InvestigationThere's nothing like a real-life ghost story to get you into the spooky spirit! Local ghostbusters revealed the results of a paranormal investigation inside a Roseville Home.
- NAILED IT! Halloween EditionMel was live with the “Nailed It Pinterest Queen” to get some Halloween tips.
- Escape Alcatraz“Escape Alcatraz!” It’s a thrilling new drop ride and show that debuts TODAY! Good Day is giving you the Northern California EXCLUSIVE first look at this heart-pounding experience brought you to by The San Francisco Dungeon!