Melissa worked at KHSL-KNVN in Chico and WINK in Fort Myers, FL before arriving here in Sacramento in 2008. She currently anchors Good Day weekend alongside Cody Stark.
Although the beach was nice, she’s a true California girl at heart, having grown up in San Jose, and couldn’t wait to get back home.
While Melissa is a multiple Emmy Award nominee for her investigative reporting and anchoring, it’s her spontaneous moments on the show that helped to establish her “Crazy Cabral” reputation. Faithful viewers may remember when she performed the “Mellyflop,” faced her fears climbing the KOVR tower, became a fire breather, and bungee jumped as Wonder Woman at the California State Fair. One of her favorite segments was when she jumped out of a huge cake to surprise serenade her husband, reporter Sean Bennett. Yes they’re married!!
She was honored to receive the number one moment in Good Day’s 20th Anniversary for dunking the microphone while testing a waterproof iphone case. It’s a moment that makes photographers still cringe when she gets near water.
Her bucket list includes meeting Julia Roberts and going skydiving. The boss says skydiving is going to happen soon!
In her free time….what free time? She’s busy chasing 2 kids around and looking for the best coupon deals. She’s a self-proclaimed semi-extreme couponer who loves to help people save money. If you want to learn her tricks of the trade or have a story idea email email@example.com.
Melissa’s recent posts and segments
- NFL ExperienceMelissa went to the NFL Experience this morning and put her skills to the test!
- Winter Skin WoesMelissa was live with a DIY face mask packed with moisture and antioxidants that claims leave you looking flawless in no time! Two-Ingredient DIY Mask 1/2 cup cranberries 1/2 cup yogurt Blend Until Smooth Wear […]
- Jordan The Science WizardJordan the Science Wizard was back on the show to WOW us again with some amazing science experiments!
- Keeping the ResolutionDon’t give up on your resolution to lose weight on the first day of the year at California Family Fitness.
- Nuts and BerriesMelissa got a preview of the 12th annual Nuts & Berries event benefiting the Wildlife Care Association.
- Folsom Gets FitThe City of Folsom will be hosting part of the Amgen Tour of California. Melissa was out there joining in on the fun.
- Fright FestCrazy Cabral took creepy to the next level in Vallejo this mornin
- Ninja GymMelissa's went through one of the workouts at Stone Core Ninja Fitness this morning! Bored with the gym? Try Vacaville’s 1st official American Ninja Warrior training center.
- Low-Budget Pumpkin DropMelissa's was live this morning at Scandia in Sacramento for the 2015 Good Day Low-Budget Pumpkin Drop!
- Fright PlanetHalloween is 16 days away! If you don’t have a costume yet, turn to your cosmetic bag!