Melissa Cabral

Melissa Cabral

Email: mcabral@kovr.com
Twitter: @gooddaymelissa

Melissa worked at KHSL-KNVN in Chico and WINK in Fort Myers, FL before arriving here in Sacramento in 2008. She currently anchors Good Day weekend alongside Cody Stark.

Although the beach was nice, she’s a true California girl at heart, having grown up in San Jose, and couldn’t wait to get back home.

While Melissa is a multiple Emmy Award nominee for her investigative reporting and anchoring, it’s her spontaneous moments on the show that helped to establish her “Crazy Cabral” reputation. Faithful viewers may remember when she performed the “Mellyflop,” faced her fears climbing the KOVR tower, became a fire breather, and bungee jumped as Wonder Woman at the California State Fair. One of her favorite segments was when she jumped out of a huge cake to surprise serenade her husband, reporter Sean Bennett. Yes they’re married!!

She was honored to receive the number one moment in Good Day’s 20th Anniversary for dunking the microphone while testing a waterproof iphone case. It’s a moment that makes photographers still cringe when she gets near water.

Her bucket list includes meeting Julia Roberts and going skydiving. The boss says skydiving is going to happen soon!

In her free time….what free time? She’s busy chasing 2 kids around and looking for the best coupon deals. She’s a self-proclaimed semi-extreme couponer who loves to help people save money. If you want to learn her tricks of the trade or have a story idea email mcabral@kmaxtv.com.

Melissa’s recent posts and segments

• Dudeoir: End Of Summer
    He’s baccccckkkk! Our favorite viral hillbilly dudeoir star can’t say goodbye to summer without one last memorable photo shoot! Just picture this: bail bondsman Josh as Ariel the mermaid and David Hasselhoff!!!
  • Living Lately
    A local health and fitness blogger has created a must try workout for the ladies! Barre Connect is connecting everything you need to look great this swimsuit season! It’s only fitting we find Mel taking a class set up poolside at Life Time Athletic Fitness in Roseville!
  • Carrot Dog
    Look into your produce drawer for a hot dog? This “haute dog” is made with a CARROT?! What? People go crazy for a local chef’s unique creation! Melissa’s learning how to make it this morning ahead of a big dining event in Sacramento!
  • The Human Bean
    It’s one of the newest and hottest places to grab a cup of Joe on the go in Rocklin! The Human Bean’s receiving rave reviews on Yelp and promises to make you a sweet and […]
  • Mel Rides The Joker
    Melissa got a sneak peek of Six Flag’s newest attraction, “The Joker.” The Joker, which was voted one of this year’s top 10 attractions by USA TODAY, is here in Northern California! It’s opening to […]
  • TinType Photo
    Melissa met a local photographer who is transforming 2016 photos back into the 1850’s! Dan Herrera Studio Dan@danherrerastudio.com http://www.AetherTintype.com
  • Scandia Sign Goes Up
    Scandia’s celebrating 40 years in business! Melissa rode the Screamer 40 times in a row to celebrate THIS FRIDAY so before the big ride we’re changing the letters on the big rooftop sign!
  • New Boxing Gym In Midtown
    Mel got a little boxing education at this brand-new midtown gym.
  • Farrell’s Birthday
    Melissa was live this morning creating a birthday sundae that gives back at this local ice cream staple.
  • Birthday Freebies
    Mel showed us today where to snag birthday freebies and discounts!
Comments

1. Matt D says:

Love Melissa🙂

2. Debbie says:

I would like some help learning more about saving with coupons.Although I do use them on a monthly basis, but I am not saving as much as I would like to. With rent, utilities, truck payment and other things, I have about $70.00 per month to spend on food and toiletry items. Can you please “HELP” me?

3. zanet says:

when you do have your baby if its a girl name her zanet

1. Ebru says:

which matched the bsimerdaid’s dresses perfectly. this woman loves purple! after our engagement session earlier this summer i knew this wedding was going to be full of great shot opportunities, a stylish

4. Debra says:

Hi Melissa! I really enjoy your bubbly personality on screen & how just down to earth you seem to be. And I am a coupon clipper, becoming more & more extreme. But I need to devote more time to the project. Can you recommend some sites to go to for more coupons & how to label & put your binder together the best way? I am now unemployed & helping take care of a household, kids,grandkids, parents, a relationship & everyday life. I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me. thank you & keep up the great work!

1. Mel says:

Hi Debra! Send me an e-mail at mcabral@kmaxtv.com and I’ll be more than happy to pass along the info!

5. Jennifer says:

Good Luck with the Baby!!

1. William says:

I must remove tnpeotial related with thanking you and your family at the knowledgeable rules I actually have routinely took pleasure looking into your web blog. We’re awaiting often the graduation within the group college or university check out also, the entire placement of feet would not by now whole exclusive of forthcoming to the site your website. When i may possibly be of one\’s help others still, I am grateful help in what Relating to been taught from this level.

2. Estefani says:

chinesetmlj on February 28, 2011 Making money olinne can be frustrating Especially when all the guides out there are just using you to make money from you!Luckily, there’s a guy giving out a free guide about making a website, and creating revenue from itThe guide is 100% free, and he also gives you his email adress so you can email him if you have problems!Get it now at:Tyreus {dot} net

6. Jennifer says:

Good Luck with your Baby!!

7. charles cali says:

congrats too you and your family on your new baby

8. Ron of Natomas says:

When my mom gave birth to me, she contracted while my head was coming out leaving me temporarily with a peanut shaped head. Instead of the doctor spanking me to my first breath, he spanked my mom just because. TRUE STORY…. except the part about the doctor spanking mom!

9. marilou pirtle says:

I know you had a boy or a girl. lol -BUT- tell us was it a boy or a girl !

10. Lisa V says:

Oh, Melissa & your Husband (of course…SMILE)…Congratulations!!! She’s precious. Thanks GDS for showing us the picture this morning. We waiting on pins and needles Sun…And the baby came only 13 mins after the show went off the air. You were awesome thoughout the last days of your pregnancy; so active and vibrant. Get your rest while you caaannn. Love, Lisa

11. mary says:

hi Melissa; i haven’t been able to watch goodday for almost a year😦 but after getting an antannae i am now able to tune in (unless its wimdy) while out on disabiliry.😀.
    when did you have the baby? boy, girl? i miss all the best “stuff”” can you fill me in?
    mary
    p.s.- i know you can’t tell me why nick is gone but vey curious indeed! : )
    hope you (and everone) have and wxceelent weekend!

12. Cheryl says:

Hi Melissa, What web site did you give over the air today on the costumes? Something like ZooLilly, but that didn’t come up with anything. Thanks for your time Melissa.
    Cheryl

1. Mel says:

It’s zulily.com happy shopping!

13. linda says:

hope you enjoyed your lunch. your baby is beautiful.

14. Larry Porsch says:

We will miss you on the Weekend show:( !!!!!

1. Cheryl says:

Where is Melissa going? People just seem to disappear on GDS, I hope Melissa isn’t one of them.

15. momrocks47 (paula d castles) says:

i enjoy your drive and fact she will have fun!

16. bob says:

I KNOW YOU ARE A LADY BUT YOU ARE SO HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT AND WOULD LOVE TO GET A SIGHED PICTURE OF YOU

17. Harry Rich says:

I was so happy to see Mel back so early from baby duties, She is a hoot. What has GDS done with our girl. She is an asset to the weekend drive.
    Please advise where Mel has landed. Thanks Firefighters in Southern Oregon

18. April Smith says:

Hi Melissa!
    Just wanted to say thanks for taking time to talk with my son and I at the Esparto horse painting segment! It was a thrill to meet you and seeing that you are nicer and more beautiful in person! Thanks for posing for the pic as well! You rock!

April and Dawson

19. robert says:

GOD YOUR HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

20. Aminah Mozeb says:

Hey melissa ,a friend needs help finding a job ,can you help me give her ideas?it would be a good favor for us.

21. Sonia says:

So, I totally want to try the extreme couponing. I do use coupons on a regular basis mostly at CVS. I cannot seem to completely grasp how to use the method you showed us on the past Saturday’s show. Question, can you bring out the camera and film a transaction (preferabley CVS). Or can I come along.

1. Mel says:

Sonia, I’ve asked CVS before if we can film and they said no.. however I’m more than willing to give you tips if you email me mcabral@kmaxtv.com

22. arthur says:

i like 2 wish you a merry christmas melissa and be safe

1. arthur says:

i just let you know you melissa you looking great

23. Judi says:

Melissa, sorry to hear about your wrist. Can’t beleive they put that cast all the way past your elbow. Get well soon🙂.
    Judi in Carmichael.

24. Elisabeth Chalker says:

Hello and Mery Christmas to you.. I was watching this morning and wanted to jog down the info on how to get the fudge recipes from you and Elanore so that I may make them both for my holiday parties. I would appreciate any info or the actual recipie thank you so much.

1. gina says:

I am also looking for the recipes and who WON?!

2. Mel says:

Hi Elisabeth- Eleanor ended up winning but I think it was rigged! If you send me an e-mail mcabral@kmaxtv.com I’ll give you the recipes… they’re also posted on the goodday sacramento facebook page.

25. Mark S says:

Hi Melissa: I need some cupon advice. I am a single person and I am finding very hard or impossible to make a good use of cupons. The vast majority of the stuff which I see cupons for are things I never use. I am able to save by shopping the discount Grocery stores and buying everything in bulk. By the way you are great on TV. I love watching you on the weekends. I watch Good day seven days a week but the Weekend show is by far my favorite!!!

1. Mel says:

Hi Mark- send me an e-mail mcabral@kmaxtv.com and I’ll give you all kinds of coupon info. You can still save lots of money on everyday items with coupons!

26. jan says:

like her most of the time, expect when she her voice changes to a high pitch when she gets excited.

27. shari verstraeten says:

I love to watch Goodday!! and I love to watch your info on coupons, but I am always unable to write down the websites you have mentioned, could you please send me that info??
    Thank you!!