Melissa worked at KHSL-KNVN in Chico and WINK in Fort Myers, FL before arriving here in Sacramento in 2008. She currently anchors Good Day weekend alongside Cody Stark.
Although the beach was nice, she’s a true California girl at heart, having grown up in San Jose, and couldn’t wait to get back home.
While Melissa is a multiple Emmy Award nominee for her investigative reporting and anchoring, it’s her spontaneous moments on the show that helped to establish her “Crazy Cabral” reputation. Faithful viewers may remember when she performed the “Mellyflop,” faced her fears climbing the KOVR tower, became a fire breather, and bungee jumped as Wonder Woman at the California State Fair. One of her favorite segments was when she jumped out of a huge cake to surprise serenade her husband, reporter Sean Bennett. Yes they’re married!!
She was honored to receive the number one moment in Good Day’s 20th Anniversary for dunking the microphone while testing a waterproof iphone case. It’s a moment that makes photographers still cringe when she gets near water.
Her bucket list includes meeting Julia Roberts and going skydiving. The boss says skydiving is going to happen soon!
In her free time….what free time? She’s busy chasing 2 kids around and looking for the best coupon deals. She’s a self-proclaimed semi-extreme couponer who loves to help people save money. If you want to learn her tricks of the trade or have a story idea email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Melissa’s recent posts and segments
- Living LatelyA local health and fitness blogger has created a must try workout for the ladies! Barre Connect is connecting everything you need to look great this swimsuit season! It’s only fitting we find Mel taking a class set up poolside at Life Time Athletic Fitness in Roseville!
- Carrot DogLook into your produce drawer for a hot dog? This “haute dog” is made with a CARROT?! What? People go crazy for a local chef’s unique creation! Melissa’s learning how to make it this morning ahead of a big dining event in Sacramento!
- The Human BeanIt’s one of the newest and hottest places to grab a cup of Joe on the go in Rocklin! The Human Bean’s receiving rave reviews on Yelp and promises to make you a sweet and […]
- Mel Rides The JokerMelissa got a sneak peek of Six Flag’s newest attraction, “The Joker.” The Joker, which was voted one of this year’s top 10 attractions by USA TODAY, is here in Northern California! It’s opening to […]
- TinType Photo
- Scandia Sign Goes UpScandia’s celebrating 40 years in business! Melissa rode the Screamer 40 times in a row to celebrate THIS FRIDAY so before the big ride we’re changing the letters on the big rooftop sign!
- New Boxing Gym In MidtownMel got a little boxing education at this brand-new midtown gym.
- Farrell’s BirthdayMelissa was live this morning creating a birthday sundae that gives back at this local ice cream staple.
- Birthday FreebiesMel showed us today where to snag birthday freebies and discounts!
- Mrs. CaliforniaHere she is, Mrs. California American Beauty!! And she’s from right here in our area!! Melissa met this pageant queen who’s offering up crown worthy meals for busy moms and healthy kiddos! PLUS how does she stay in pageant shape? Watch the clip and see.