She’s back! Born and raised in Sacramento, Julissa Ortiz is thrilled to be home!
Julissa attended St. Francis Elementary and St. Francis High School. She started her TV career right here at CW31 as an intern for Good Day Sacramento. After graduating from the University of Southern California, Julissa landed her first on-air job in the desert southwest as the Imperial Valley Bureau Chief for KYMA-TV, the NBC affiliate in El Centro, California. A little over a year later, Julissa moved from the desert to the beach as the weekend weather anchor for KCOY-TV, the CBS affiliate on the central coast. During her five years there, she worked her way into the primary anchor chair on the 6 o’clock evening news. Julissa was also the primary reporter for the Michael Jackson Child Molestation Trial. Julissa is best known for her morning segments, “Breakfast With Julissa” and Friday morning pep rallies at area high schools.
Now back in Sacramento, Julissa looks forward to spending time with her family and friends.
Julissa’s Latest Segments
- Mommy Moment: Mommy AuthorWe’re doing a cooking challenge of how to cook for two kids while balancing different parent obstacles.
- Out-of-the-Box CostumesWhen it comes to Halloween costumes, it’s important to think outside the box! We learned how to take a boring cardboard box and turn it into a Halloween masterpiece using nothing more than a little creativity and things you already have lying around the house!
- Fire Prevention WeekFire Prevention Week kicks off this week! With cooler temperatures, many people are looking for ways to warm up the house, including using space heaters and cooking home-cooked meals, today we’ll show you how to prevent a home fire!
- Mommy Moment: Tot 2 WalkLearning to walk is one of a child’s most exciting phases. While they’re toddling forward, it’s natural to lean over to offer a helping hand, or more likely, a finger for the child to grip.
- Dance Day at Sacramento Children’s MuseumWe’re getting ready for a dance celebration at the Sacramento Children’s Museum! We’ll show off our dance moves!!
- Good Day Time CapsuleWe’re putting some items in our very own time capsule where we’re going to bury outback.
- Animal Empathy AppRedRover just launched a fun new app to teach kids empathy to animals (and in turn to other people as well!). The app stemmed out of a successful Kickstarter campaign and includes both a cool interactive comic book and a game feature.
- Flock FundraiserJulissa putting flamingoes on someone’s yard this morning for a good cause!
- Principal Shaves HeadA local principal got his hair shaved. He received a “tonsure” haircut, which is a cut that men and women get sometimes when they enter a monastery or convent. It symbolizes religious devotion or humility. […]
- CHS TheaterLocal theater students are testing out the new stage at Cordova High School! The first production at the new multi-million dollar theater opens tomorrow night! We are checking out the new theater and a preview of the production of Midsummer Jersey!